Tuesday, January 19th, 2021—The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) will be held on Tuesday, January 26th from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM. Students eligible to take the PSAT/NMSQT test are Utica Academy of Science high school Juniors. Registration emails were sent on Thursday, January 7th. If your student has not registered, there is still time! The registration deadline is Tuesday, January 19th. Please see the details below as to why registering for the PSAT/NMSQT is important, testing information and how to register.
Why Register for the PSAT/NMSQT
- PSAT/NMSQT provides many benefits that can help your student with their college career
- PSAT/NMSQT is great practice for the SAT
- Students will receive personalized feedback on their performance to help improve their skills
- PSAT/NMSQT allows your student the opportunity to enter competitions for scholarships that can help them pay for college
- Testing will be from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Social distancing and COVID-19 guidelines will be enforced
- If any cancelations due to COVID restrictions, you will be notified via school messaging systems no later than 01/25/21
- Students are required to arrange for their own transportation
- Emails were sent on 01/07/21 to sign up for the PSAT/NMSQT. Please make sure your student responds.
- Testing is eligible for all Juniors.
- RSVP by 01/19 to secure a spot today! If your student fails to register and shows up on testing day they will not be allowed to take the test.